While at Luminous Dentistry, we strive to save your teeth, there are times when saving a tooth is not the best option, in such cases or when a tooth has already been lost, dental implants can be the best solution to replace the missing teeth. Implants are the only option that can replace the missing tooth, retraining the function and preventing and even reversing bone loss in the jaw without adding any invasive procedure on adjacent natural teeth.
Dental implant includes a post made of bio-compatible materials like titanium or zirconia that is implanted into the place where the root once was. This procedure is completed under local anaesthesia in most cases. Once the healing has occurred, an abutment is attached to this post, and a crown is attached to the abutment. Other types of implant restorations use implants to support bridges, partial dentures, and full dentures.
One or more missing teeth can not only affect your self-esteem but can also compromise your oral health. Losing a tooth can create several changes in the mouth, which are often not noticeable in the beginning, yet they can have an adverse negative impact on bone health and appearance by creating a space that leads to rapid bone loss. With time, the teeth next to the gap start shifting due to oral pressures, which leads to unstable teeth structure.
The worst part of this complication is that it can result in further bone loss, which may damage more teeth. Furthermore, there can be other complexities, such as defective speech, difficulty in chewing, and overall discomfort, which can impact a person's quality of life and health. Fortunately, with dental implants, there is a reliable solution for this problem. Made of medical-grade titanium, dental implants are designed to resemble, feel, and function like natural teeth.
● As dental implants are anchored in your jaw bone, similar to the natural teeth, over time, they help preserve the loss of jaw bone by generating bone growth around the area of the implant, which strengthens the bone.
● Moreover, dental implants help in keeping the adjacent teeth stable and preserve the health of surrounding gums.
● Implants provide the ability to chew properly without pain.
● They can improve the confidence to smile by restoring and alleviating the cosmetic appearance.
● Implants also assist in supporting your speech and comfort.
With several benefits, dental implants offer a preferable alternative to bridgework and dentures in difficult cases.
A dental implant can be used as either a removable or permanent tooth. Consisting of three basic parts, a dental implant includes:
● The fixture is the artificial root for the implant.
● The abutment lies above the gum line to secure a crown, bridge, or denture.
● The dental prosthesis which acts like an actual tooth.
The procedure might require several appointments depending on the condition of the jaw. Before evaluating the best possible treatment, knowing if the patient has a healthy jawbone is vital to withhold the implant. At our clinic, we would first examine your teeth, gums, and jaw bones and then move to the best possible treatment.
● Single tooth replacement with a dental implant, which requires one post and crown.
● Replacing multiple teeth with an implant-supported bridge.
● Replacement of entire set of teeth or full mouth implant with an implant-retain denture.
Dental Implants are extremely durable and designed to last for a very long time. However, the success rate of dental implants depends on the position of the implant in the jaw. Nevertheless, with good care and proper oral hygiene, dental implants can even last a long time. According to research, dental implants have shown a success rate of >94% over a period of 5 years.
Like any surgery, Post dental implant surgery, it's common to experience some degree of pain, swelling, bleeding, and/or infection. With proper post-operative care, patients can resume their normal routine as soon as two days. You might get prescribed some prescribed with some antibiotics and pain medications. It would be advised to consume soft food for a couple of days.
We at Luminous Dentistry take pride in delivering full arch treatment planning with immediate implants and dentures at a very reasonable price. We are able to provide immediate implants along with dentures that are fully digitally planned and 3-D printed restorations.
We provide full arch implant-supported dentures with different treatment options such as fixed implant bridge, snap-on dentures and all-on-X treatment modalities. This is an alternative to conventional removable dentures, which patients better accept.